the drift

...

Thursday, November 13, 2008

i made flying turkeys today bitches

what did you do with your life today?

yeah. exactly.

p.s. I heart having to actually go interview people for stories I'm writing. It's $75 a story. Give me a fucking break. For $75 you get me trying to call your ass and get you on the phone and stressing because you're shirking your duties and won't call me back until the day before my deadline at which time you inform me that you only have like a sentence from which I should write 300 to 400 words so I thus must arrange for babysitting and tag my husband along with me to some god-forsaken corner of the Power & Lite district where they don't serve appetizers but want to advertise to happy hour groups. And I go home and slap some lipstick on that pig and turn it over to my editor at which time I am thinking, this blows, but when my $375 check comes it'll all be worth it. Or will it. At least the Bombay Sapphire and tonic was on the house.

2 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, November 14, 2008 , Blogger javagirl said...

when i move back to town i'll be your bitch for the hunt down the interviewees night outs...especially if it includes bombay sapphire & tonics!

 
At 12:17 AM, November 14, 2008 , Blogger katy ryan said...

ohhhhh I know what you're up to and I. Feel. Your. Pain. We'll need to commiserate over cocktails in the near future. Meet you at P&L? ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home