the drift

...

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I felt like Yakov Smirnoff

A fullness in my heart came over me as I approached the New Missionary Seventh Day Adventist Church and I saw hearty folk waiting in a 2-hr line at 7:10 in the morning. In the Dotte. In the morning. A line stretched out on to 25th St. People brought their kids in strollers. As I walked up to the tail of the line, I couldn't help but raise my arms and proclaim, "Now THAT'S what I'm talking about AMERICA."
The requisite amount of 'she's out her damn mind' looks and chuckles ensued and I basked in the glory of democracy in action as I watched the some come out of the side door of the church with a proud look, a glow of a deflowered novice voter. And I felt more patriotic than I have in more than 8 years.
What a country.

1 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, November 05, 2008 , Blogger shan said...

Admit it. You were still drunk.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home