the drift

...

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

the injustice of it all

my friend Court, whose due date is the day before mine, went into labor on Sunday night and is now a proud, first-time mama.
while i'm happy for her and delighted that mom and baby are doing well, i can't squelch the ever-building ball of impatient fury at the injustice of it building in my soul.
hell, it's my second baby, I'M the one who's supposed to go early, dammit!

but, as i have to remind myself daily, sometimes hourly, i gave up giving into the searing hot rage that boils just under the surface for Lent. so far, so marginally good, i have to report.

except for that dbag in a Tahoe who tried to parallel park on my car hood the other night. that mf'r deserved a crowbar to the windshield.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, February 27, 2008 , Blogger pom. said...

you gave up heartburn for Lent?


xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home