the drift

...

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Touche

{ring, ring}

Travel Agent Dottie: "Hello, Eidson's Travel and Florist."

Me: "Hello, I'm a writer with GateHouse magazine, the premiere lifestyle magazine of Wyandotte County, and I'm looking to interview someone with your agency regarding the favorite getaways of Wyandotte County residents."

Travel Agent Dottie: {confused} "You're a writer with what?"

Me: "GateHouse, a lifestyle magazine for Wyandotte County."

Travel Agent Dottie: "Um ... have you been to Wyandotte County before? It's not really a 'lifestyle' kind of place ..."

Touche, Dottie my dear, and that's precisely why I love it so.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, February 20, 2008 , Blogger katy ryan said...

HAHAHA!

Oh, priceless. I love it. These are my people!!

~k.

 
At 1:19 PM, February 20, 2008 , Blogger shan said...

"Premiere lifestyle" and "Wyandotte County" are decidedly incongruous phrases.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home