stay home for god's sake
with news of flupocolypse hitting the state, let's recap common courtesy during cold and flu season.
- lightly covering your mouth over a cough is not enough. plus, if you're a guy, it's kinda fey.
- if your hacking cough interrupts every other sentence, get thee home and to your bed. nobody's impressed with your dedication to your dead-end job.
- same for your phlegm barnacle laden larnyx. it's torturous to endure conversation with you as i can hear the snot bubbles gurgling in the back of your throat.
- this goes doubly for you who i can hear in the cubicle next to me, as i try to eat my lunch.
- this goes tripley for the hackster in the pod next to mine who is constantly wheeling his oxygen tank around. (I get headaches because this cold makes it hard for me to breathe, he says. I get headaches too, namely from the squeak squeak squeak of the ancient wheels of your rented oxygen tank rolling down the hall.)
- when being introduced to someone this time of year, a hand full of Purell is far more welcome than a handshake.
in other news, it feels like the fetus is kicking me in the sternum. either that, or i'm having a heart attack from trying to reconcile the irs tax code with our lackluster personal filing 'system' once again this year.