the drift

...

Friday, December 05, 2008

Vaginal Hygienist

When I read this post by MHIBTY I had to concur with her musings on going in for a vag inspection. I often get reflective around this time as well.
She states that it would be nice to know, if our vags are being compared (um, which they SO are as I have a friend of a friend who is a gyno and apparently this gyno has some HORROR stories), then it would be nice to get a word of encouragement.
For example, i went to get my teeth cleaned and checked this Monday. The hygienist remarked, "Good looking teeth in there!" I felt a tinge of pride and paid a silent thank you to my mom who dutifully signed me and my brothers up for our cleanings every 6 mos. Also two years of braces -- with rubber bands, bitches! (I know what pain is.)
I would say it's just as appropriate to comment something to the effect, "Nice grooming. If everyone groomed like you, my job would be a lot easier!" I have an equal or even greater amount of pride in the navigability of my business down there as I do to the health of my teeth.
So why not a pat on the back, heh?

4 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, December 06, 2008 , Blogger Mark Smith said...

Even funnier than the baby eating poop post. I'm also willing to bet that Clean teeth and a well maintained WhoHaa are connected. So I will be looking at womens teeth and making blanket assumptions on their other bidness, based on how pearly their chompers are.

 
At 6:21 AM, December 07, 2008 , Blogger pom. said...

reading chompers and vag's in the same post has brought me back to another post of yours. and to this post I say...amen.

 
At 1:03 AM, December 08, 2008 , Blogger javagirl said...

and someone needs to tell all new moms to not look down there until well well well after giving birth...grooming may start later unless you look down there...then the horror...the horror lasts for weeks and months...there is no grooming...just nightmares. you soon will get over it and be able to start trimming and then possibly shaving...but the mirror, the one used to make sure that everything is in check...that mirror broke when you dropped it on the floor months back when you looked at your vag after giving birth. do not replace the mirror. just clean your teeth more.

 
At 8:28 AM, December 08, 2008 , Blogger Natasha said...

This isn't the first time you've written about teeth and vaginas at the same time.

What gives?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home