the drift

...

Saturday, November 22, 2008

So I'm starting this thing

With some other women. Trying to get control of the day to day stuff. Some of us need to lose weight, some need to save money and plan financially, some need to simply organize their homes or schedules. Some need all of the above.
I know, but it's actually pretty interesting. We even started to blog about it over here Support Channel. We're all pretty different people. Some are moms, some are non-moms, some are younger, older, etc.
But basically we just name some goals and report in on Sundays. We do a mid-week check in just in case you're one to cram for deadlines, you can still salvage some of the week. We were doing this all by email but decided it might be fun and clearer to put in blog form.
I know there are a million forums out there for this kind of thing, but I hate forums. 90% of the crap in forums I simply don't care about but it takes forever to sift through. And most of the users are totally random and lost and are asking random and lost questions.
So far so good on this whole goal-setting thing. I'm getting work done, keeping the kids on schedule and even working out a bit at night. It's the most constructive project I've gotten on board with in a long long time. So check it out.

5 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, November 22, 2008 , Blogger shan said...

Now wait a minute ... that sounds an awful lot like ... no, it can't be, right? I mean, it sure sounds like ...

OMG, Jake, you're delving into SELF IMPROVEMENT!

 
At 1:03 PM, November 22, 2008 , Blogger rubigimlet said...

I never said I wasn't into self-improvement. I said I wasn't into self-improvement books and stuff. And that holds true. I'm self-improving using my own plan. Little did I know, I actually have a knack for it. The girls took my template and went with it.
So suck it, Dr. opraramsephilchopra!

 
At 1:11 PM, November 22, 2008 , Blogger shan said...

So, in other words, you're attempting to improve yourself using only the knowledge you started with, which wasn't enough to achieve self satisfaction to begin with or else you wouldn't be facing this need to improve yourself ... wow.

You don't have pride issues. None whatsoever.

Hugs!

 
At 1:17 PM, November 22, 2008 , Blogger rubigimlet said...

i had sufficient knowledge, it was motivation I lacked.

when those books start providing motivation, then that's when I'll start reading them. Until then, it's all about the peer pressure and performance anxiety.

 
At 1:19 PM, November 22, 2008 , Blogger shan said...

You're ever psychologist's wet dream.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home