the drift

...

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

warm beer, cold comfort

drinking into the night as I toil away on my biggest freelance project to date. it's been what seems like eons since i last worked two jobs and it's kicking my ass. Because being home with the kids is tough. It's not desk work, people. It's work-work. And then this project has been riddled with potholes in deployment so blah blah blah.
I wish I had something more interesting to talk about. But like I've done so many times in life, when conjuring an interesting thought is impossible, simply drink, drink, drink.
Oh, I found out a girl I used to work with is now doing local body building championships. It's so awesomely bad. I'm torn between oily, glistening admiration and orangey leathered revulsion. Way to go! Sort of!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home