the drift

...

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

has the world gone mad with baked goods

ok, so several months ago i made a pretty good trade -- I got a gorgeous baby full of hope for humanity in return for my only marginally-attractive ass. I'm an indian giver tho (an accurate term on many levels) and have begun the process of reclaiming said marginally-attractive ass.

and let me just say, i feel slightly ridiculous in doing so. have always felt ridiculous in exer-wear, panting in a room of people who spend way too much time considering what formation to shave their pubic hair in.

But this time I have a trump card.The only real motivator i have is that i want my child to have so many of the things I never had -- one of those being a parent who takes her health seriously, understands exercise as an investment in a shared future with my son, and who know how to model self-respect ... etc.

ja and i watched the final Biggest Loser show together -- never having watched it previously did not mitigate the absolute awe that seeing someone lose half of their body weight inspires. If a 400 pound 40-year-old can haul his downtrodden butt out of bed for a better life, I'll be damned if I can't lose 40 pounds.

but it ain't about looks. it's about being here longer, to love and play with my son longer. and actually being attractive to my husband again wouldn't hurt if we want to give Romi a sibling at some later date. also, i want a fauxhawk that matches Romi's and that's just totally unattractive on my current frame.

But after the next baby, I want a boob lift. Considering the absolute mauling my vagina takes during the birthing of a child, you're getting off easy with only having to pay for a boob lift. Start saving Ja.

5 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, December 19, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are we talking for the fauxhawk?

 
At 12:20 AM, December 20, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"the absolute mauling my vagina takes..."

yeesh...i hate being squeamish. i also hate thinking about your vagina.

 
At 8:08 AM, December 20, 2006 , Blogger shan said...

It could always be worse.

 
At 9:09 AM, December 20, 2006 , Blogger rubigimlet said...

um - i guess Thanks? shan.

Java you crack me up girl. Dodo I've got one word for you "Frankencooter".

That's all.

 
At 9:23 PM, December 26, 2006 , Blogger pom. said...

^ inspired.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home