the drift

...

Thursday, November 30, 2006

since when have i male-bashed

i take exception with claim. i am no male-basher.

maybe a basher of the ubermachismoschmoe.

but i think even that's stretching it a bit.

really, i'm hardly a ball buster. my huzby's are firmly his own domain; i lay no claim to them through force or coersion. i really think it's all in my style. someone else could totally get away with saying the stuff that i've said, but because i'm well-spoken and manage to come off as fairly intelligent (usually), i get flack for it.

i'm not and have never been one of those women who praise a man for simply being a man, defer to him superficially only to circumvent him and clandestinely grab all the power and/or make all the decisions in a relationship.

those are the real man-haters guys. i know it's hard to believe, when they can hardly articulate what they feel like for dinner, much less, in your head, be a mastermind of the demise of your freewill.

so why the bad rap i get? i've never understood it. i don't say anyone is a feminist-basher -- but given some of the responses i've received over the years, maybe it's fitting.

this isn't aimed at you at all, but dodo, your post did get me thinking of the countless times i've been accused of such things. much to my chagrin.

And chagrin is an awesome word, don't you think?

3 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, December 01, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I miss you, lady.

 
At 1:07 AM, December 01, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A properly lengthy and respectful comment is arriving forthwith, but alas, I gotta sleep first.

 
At 9:35 AM, December 01, 2006 , Blogger shan said...

I got cho back, Gangsta. You're no man hater, but I do think the "ubermachismoschmoe" comment was directed at me, given that I'm Uberman.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home