the drift

...

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Soup: Foodstuffs of the Gods

My (no longer secret) dream of starting a soup-only establishment must be realized. Kansas City, what you need most is a deliciously hopeful bowl of Entrepreneurial Soup.

A hearty soup can be a meal. A light soup, the perfect appetite-suppressant for the aspiring anorexic. A cold soup can challenge the hoity-toitiest of pseudo-sophisticates to ask our servers "Is this soup supposed to be cold?"

Soup, you universally appealing dish, you revive the heartiness of spirit required to endure a Midwestern winter. You boost my weary immune system when I have smoked and drank my worries away.

Detractors of soup, I warn thee; one taste of my Cheesy Potato Stew and you will cry out for more. At which point, you will be warmly wrapped in the cozy arms of the soup aficionado community.

Investors: I am currently entertaining offers for partnerships. I cannot however, be dissuaded re: the name "Sis' Soup Kitchen".

City Planners: Are you listening? Under my cruel tutelage, Kansas City will become synonymous with delicious soup. Kansas City--America's Souper City!

2 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, November 14, 2006 , Blogger shan said...

My fave is beer cheese soup. Yum yum.

 
At 2:05 PM, February 08, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah...

It's time for war...

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/business/16493102.htm

http://www.kansascitymenus.com/souperman/

Chris (ala the award winning sweet potato chili guru)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home