the drift

...

Monday, August 04, 2008

spam for the brainwaves

i love quotes. i prefer a well-chosen quote to actually reading any given work by an author. like letting someone else do the sorting of diamonds from the coal.

"Romance is the deepest thing in life. It is deeper even than reality." -- G.K. Chesterton

I want to believe this, and I'd like to think that's because my definition of romance, or the ways I can actually be romanced, are diverse. And I love the honesty there...romance is not reality. It may be deeper, and thus more valuable even, but it's not reality. You can't hold on to it. It is meant to ebb and flow and be inconstant. For us marrieds, it's not a goal. An entry in the good marriage ledger. It's a choice. It's a skill. It's a rarefied gift that is appreciated all the more for its temporal nature.

eh, maybe i'll never get this romance thing down. i'm too practical.

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, August 04, 2008 , Blogger pom. said...

I always look forward to your post-yoga blog gems.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home