the drift

...

Saturday, July 19, 2008

luxury items

it's something i like to do on occasion, when i find a really great little site somewhere that i'd never heard of. like this one: www.bodenusa.com.
this is the kind of stuff i would love to dress my children in, like little mini-poshbex offspring. in a good 10 mins of shopping i filled my virtual cart with over 700.00 in clothing. i felt a strange satisfaction with that number, like knowing that my taste in wonderful things hasn't suffered even as my pocketbook continues to do so. i could never do this in real life. some overly-angular salesgirl would be hovering about. asking if i need help. ruining my sick shopping buzz.
no, not like this though. ahhhh, window shopping online is a beautiful thing.

also a beautiful thing. The latest Helio Sequence. i don't know about their earlier stuff, but this album puts me in the mind of Factory Records c. 1988 or so. very stone roses with some newer vibes thrown in, maybe interpol esque. love it.

and for mash up fans, i'm touching myself inappropriately over this Girl Talk cd. some truly fun stuff on there.

4 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, July 19, 2008 , Blogger pom. said...

damn you and your links.

 
At 11:24 AM, July 19, 2008 , Blogger pom. said...

I do this fantasy online window shopping as well, I've many sites I love to do so with.. including Zutano and rightbankbabies.com (and i'll drool over the left bank babies when I can.) -- I've drooled over some right bank items in person and they're so fun - all reversible! so that's like 2 pairs in one, right? the pants are amazing. I considered buying a pair of owly pants on multiple occasions and when they were finally 40% off i talked myself into getting them and they were, of course, gone.. shame on my consumer lust!

 
At 12:25 PM, July 20, 2008 , Blogger Jen said...

Luuuuurve Girl Talk. I've dorked it up so far I've even watched the Youtube videos that list the samples.

 
At 11:27 AM, July 23, 2008 , Blogger Natasha said...

Girl Talk = awesomeness. Is it a sign that I've listened too much when I can perform the entire hour long album?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home