the drift

...

Monday, July 28, 2008

heh, something Jay said

we were talking about some stuff and he told me, "But Sarah, you're just not a romantic."
to which i replied, "I guess."
then later, not able to let sleeping dogs lie, I said, "I can't believe you don't think I'm a romantic."
(note: nor am i an emotional bully. hehe.)
"Well, you're a romantic...but, you're a rational romantic." (Borrowing something from his own rational mysticism ethos.)
"Hmm. No, hon, I'm a conscientious romantic." (Borrowing something from the conscientious objectors in war time. how fitting.)
But, really, I gotta give it to him. He's right. I'm no romantic. I'm a sentimentalist. Vastly different approaches to the world even if the same kind of fantasy is involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home