the drift

...

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Did I ever tell you about the time ...

I read David Sedaris' Santaland Diaries (or was it Barrel Fever?) and then went out and got myself a job as an elf for a 'celebrity Santa' at the first indoor mall in America, Southdale in Edina, MN?

Well, I did. And if you should ever want to hear of my own adventures in Santaland, buy me a couple of hot toddies and we'll sit a spell and I'll delight you. Or do my damnest, anyway.

Merry Christmas, little dovies.

2 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, December 23, 2008 , Blogger Mark Smith said...

heres a santa you can believe in http://www.pitch.com/2008-12-25/news/midtown-miscreant-blogger-mark-smith-finds-cheer-in-kansas-city-s-most-depressing-places/showall

 
At 12:34 PM, January 01, 2009 , Blogger B. said...

I was JUST reading "Holidays on Ice"...it included that story. Fucking HILARIOUS.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home