the drift

...

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Spanish-American-Wyandotte War of 2008

Ok, so it's been literally years since I have been able to properly celebrate the New Year what with all this baby-hatching and breastfeeding but I can still appreciate a party. However, what occurred between 11:00 and 12:45 this morning in eastern Wyandotte county resembled more a post-NRA convention hoedown. Amid the sis-boom-bah's of KCK's little mexico I recognized the rounds of shotguns, gats and I'll wager that aural spray of raat-a-tat-tat was something in the family of an AK-47. Now, I'm a country girl by birth so I can appreciate some good ol' new year's pop offs, but this was on a whole new level. It was the prolonged quality of it, the diversity of ammo, and the occasional accompanying scream (I wouldn't call them hoots or even woots, but actual screams) that really made it a banner year. Something I didn't hear, quite thankfully, were sirens.

So yeah, all that crap i spewed about living in the city. Not as cool when you're wondering what shit-faced douche is trying to shoot your neighborhood up and likely their own foot in the process all in the name of tearing it up Dotte style on NYE.

In belly news, the mofo continues to expand. Duckling inside continues to tenderize my intestines with her ninja moves.

the first photo of the belly v2.0.

Behold the glory of the monstrous belly



2 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, January 04, 2008 , Blogger pom. said...

hm.
i can't see the belly photo.
i wanna see the belly photo.

 
At 9:26 PM, January 06, 2008 , Blogger pom. said...

aww yeah!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home