the drift

...

Sunday, December 16, 2007

does posting every 6 months actually constitute a blog?

Maybe a slog?

Well, I'm back for a bit of recap here. Life has calmed a bit for now. I continue to wonder at time and its absolute lack of sympathy for the mere mortal.
Health issues with my parents loom large and have come back with a vengeance this fall. Dad continues to vacillate between controlling and disregarding his diabetes. Mom just had a pacemaker implanted. At 56 years old. That's way too fucking young for such a thing. Mom and Dad both are looking to me to carry the traditions and sense of family on I think in some fashion when they can't. I'm not ready to deal with that. I'm not ready to be an orphan. Even at 30 years old. Not yet.
It's like I'm already missing them.
So you can see why I haven't had much to say.

I have a daughter of my own on the way. A prospect that both breaks and elates my heart. Raising a good girl that grows into a good woman -- that's a tall order. If she can just come out with a gentle soul the way Roman did, I've got a chance.


I want big things for these children. I want them to start movements; I want them to inspire generations; I want them to incite revolutions of compassion and social responsibility; and I want them to do it all with humility ... and a little bit of style and grace for good measure. Mostly, I want them to live to feel the fire in their hearts satisfied.


So in an effort to at least get to know these little beings before releasing them into the world, I'll be wrapping up my day job for the Company in March. If you know anyone willing to pay a mom to stay home and raise future gurus (besides the Canadian government), please pass them my name, won't you?
Roman's first photo installation courtesy of my cell phone:









1 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, January 22, 2008 , Blogger KC Sponge said...

Is there anything more we can want for our kids?

love the blog . . . keep on keepin on.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home